Public divided on whether driverless cars are trustworthy

About The Authors

25th February 2015 16:21 - Automotive

A recent poll by uswitch.com has found that 48 per cent of people would not be willing to travel by driverless car, whereas the remaining 52 per cent would.

However, 16 per cent of those questioned by uswitch.com claimed to be “horrified” by the idea of a driverless car, and 35 per cent believed that the new technologies may increase the cost of car insurance.

The results from uswitch.com’s survey supported an alternative piece of research by Digital Spy, who found that 59 per cent of people would be willing to travel in a driverless car.

The findings from Digital Spy were perhaps not so black and white, as the findings saw 29 per cent claim that although they would not be willing to travel in a driverless vehicle right now, they would consider it in the future.

The issue of raised car insurance premiums is being investigated during four trials, which are set to commence throughout the United Kingdom. The trials will also examine issues which may arise with the vehicles, whilst on the roads, as well as looking into the effect the cars will have on legal and insurance processes.

Sign up for free insights from your sector…

Antispam code: 9220

Support Us..

We hope that you have found this article useful. This section is freely available for all to use. Please help support it by liking us or following us on our social media platforms:

Share this article..

For updated Automotive insights please follow us on @DJS_Automotive or use our RSS feed

Other Automotive Research Findings

Other Latest Market Research Insights

© DJS Research 2017