Ethical Business Practice
At DJS Research Ltd we believe ethics should be a key part of any business, but, given the services we provide, we feel that ethical operating standards are especially important to our company.
As a result, we are Company Partners of the Market Research Society, which means we have made the active and conscious decision to affiliate ourselves with that governing body and to abide by its standards and ethical regulations. We do not engage respondents by means of deception, nor do we ever carry out research with any ulterior motive – such as selling.
However, ethical business practice is not something which stops at our office door, nor is it something which is only important 9-5, Monday to Friday. As a result, DJS Research Ltd has pledged to give back to the community – both locally and nationally. In order to do this, we have become involved in numerous community projects, market research charities and charities which are unrelated to the market research industry. Some of the causes we are most involved in are outlined below.
Market Research Benevolent Association
We are proud members of the Market Research Benevolent Association – the market research industry's independent, registered charity. The MRBA provide financial assistance to those who work or who have worked in our industry and over the years have helped hundreds of people and their families – irrespective of their level in their respective companies – who are experiencing financial hardship due to illness, injury, bereavement, carer responsibility, or other personal problems.
DJS Research Ltd has increased its commitment to the association by becoming an annual sponsor. We recognise that with the growth of our company comes a growth in responsibility to those who have made that expansion possible. For more information on the Market Research Benevolent Association, or to see some of the good work they do for the market research industry, please click here.
Charity of the Year
We as a company are committed to charity work. We have adopted CLIC Sargent as our corporate Charity of the Year, and the majority of fund raising organised by DJS Research Ltd is targeted toward this fantastic cause. CLIC Sargent provide clinical, practical, financial and emotional support to children with cancer, and their famillies, to help them cope with the condition and get the most out of life.
Market research as an industry has fantastic potential to do good work - both in financial terms through the donation of incentives and ad-hoc fundraising, but also in terms of raising awareness through interacting with thousands of respondents every month.
In addition, we have also offered pro bono research services to CLIC Sargent, which they have chosen to utilise for the 'Great Mums Get Together' event in March. We look forward to providing them with the same high-quality service and research outcomes that any of our clients can expect.
Sport in The Community
Sport in general is a key part of life for many DJS employees; we count several rugby and cricket players, a netball player, a long-distance runner and a semi-professional referee amongst our staff. As such, it seemed only natural to encourage sport in the locality of our offices.
To this end, DJS Research Ltd is an official sponsor of both Whaley Bridge Athletic Football Club and Glossop RUFC. Both these teams are performing well, with WBAFC in particular having recently won the quadruple - they have chosen to move to a higher standard league, which they won in their first season.
With increased leadership comes increased responsibility, with increased growth comes increased output and an increasingly global client base requires and increasingly global view of the world. DJS Research Ltd is committed to trying to lower the environmental impact that our services have on the wider world. As we can’t plant an entire forest (though we have planted numerous trees), we concentrate on doing the little things right and engaging staff in the environmental effort as much as possible. Here’s how we are trying to do our bit:
• Where possible, we carry out work on-screen, avoiding the production of waste paper and saving plastic ink and printing products.
• When we do have to use paper, we dispose of it responsibly via a bona-fide waste collection agency.
• All our lunch is delivered to the office by a local sandwich company – meaning that only one car journey is made to our offices and that other local businesses benefit from our relocation.
• All our milk is delivered by the local milkman – not only does this help keep money in the local economy, but the glass bottles are recycled, unlike plastic, supermarket-bought milk.
• If we need to travel cross country, we try to do so by train whenever possible, thus lowering emissions.
• The vast majority of our telephone unit are staff from the local area. Again, this provides jobs in the local community and means that fewer people have to drive to work.
Get In Touch
Approved Suppliers For...
- DJS Research Ltd Celebrate First Successful Apprenticeship
Wed, 12th Jun 2013
DJS Research Ltd are pleased to announce that Kieran Heald has been promoted to IT Administrator following ...... Read More
E-News Sign up
- Market Research Shows Efficient Internet Access is Crucial to Britons
Tue, 18th Jun 2013
A survey carried out by networking products provider TP-LINK has demonstrated how important efficient Internet access is to the ......Read More
- Market Research Shows Employers Calling For Graduates With Work Experience
Tue, 18th Jun 2013
An education survey of 18,000 university leavers undertaken by The High Fliers has discovered that university graduates ......Read More
- Survey Shows Benefits of Car Rental Trend
Fri, 14th Jun 2013
A survey conducted on behalf of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), which questioned 3,700 car rental ......Read More
- Poll Highlights Consumer Confusion over Energy Efficiency Technologies
Wed, 12th Jun 2013
Utility market research commissioned by Rexel Northern European Zone has shown that as many as nine in ten Britons ......Read More
- Opinion Survey Finds Rise in Consumer Satisfaction with Online Shopping
Tue, 11th Jun 2013
Retail market research conducted on behalf of UPS has revealed that the majority of Britons now prefer to shop ......Read More
- Survey Sees Facebook Popularity Drop Plus Public Dislike of Social Media Marketing
Mon, 10th Jun 2013
A new survey by YouGov indicates that Facebook’s massive nine-year popularity is showing signs of waning – UK users ......Read More
- Survey Finds UK Entrepreneurs on the Rise
Fri, 7th Jun 2013
Professional services market research by online freelancer platform PeoplePerHour, which questioned 400,000 self-employed workers, has discovered the top entrepreneurial ......Read More
- Survey Reveals Latest Trends in Corporate Travel Industry
Wed, 5th Jun 2013
New business support market research by Amadeus has uncovered some key findings about what corporate globe trotters want from ......Read More
- Senior Health Professionals Anxious About Future of NHS, Says Market Research
Tue, 4th Jun 2013
A recent health care market research report completed by the NHS Confederation has found that almost two ......Read More
- Market Research Finds Alcohol Related Hospital Admissions Rise To More Than One Million A Year
Tue, 4th Jun 2013
According to figures released by the National Health Service (NHS), an estimated 1.22m admissions to hospital were ......Read More