Survey finds 35% of logistic companies have not prepared for Brexit

About The Authors

28th September 2018 13:41 - Transport and Distribution

Survey finds 35% of logistic companies have not prepared for Brexit: A survey of UK and German multi-national manufacturing companies has revealed that 35% of companies have not prepared for Brexit because so much is unknown. 
 
Just under half (46%) think that they have enough time to prepare for Brexit, however, in order to prepare their supply chains, they need more clarity on what is required of them. 
 
One in five (18%) believe they will not have time to get everything in order before for the deadline.
 
The survey by Carousel Logistics - a European logistics specialist -  forms part of the company’s Brexit white paper. The research also revealed that half (50%) of the senior logistics and supply chain bosses polled feel they are not fully in the know about what is required ahead of EU divorce. 
 
With political uncertainty around the details of Brexit, Carousel asked respondents about their feelings on being ready for a ‘no deal’ Brexit. Almost 8 in 10 (79%) said while they have been preparing for the changes, they are ‘nowhere near ready’. On the other side, 21% admit they don’t feel able to prepare as they would like to as they feel unsure about the specifics. 
 
In January of this year, a similar survey by Carousel found that ‘speed of delivery’ ranked fifth in terms of what was most important for logistic companies post Brexit. In the new research asking the same questions conducted over the summer, speed of delivery is now the number one priority, followed by ‘ease of movement’ and ‘tariff charges’.
 
Other findings include 38% of UK companies are planning to look towards improved technology solutions post Brexit, compared to 18% of German businesses. Brexit has also prompted almost a third of UK companies to be ‘more innovative with solutions'. 
 
See full details of the research here 


Sign up for free insights from your sector…

Antispam code: 6277

Support Us..

We hope that you have found this article useful. This section is freely available for all to use. Please help support it by liking us or following us on our social media platforms:

Share this article..


For updated Transport and Distribution insights please follow us on @DJS_Logistics or use our RSS feed

Other Transport and Distribution Research Findings

Other Latest Market Research Insights

© DJS Research 2018