The Engineering industry primarily deals with the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines or devices and spans a diverse set of sectors including industrial and electrical engineering. In 2012, global machinery trade grew to approximately $1 trillion with Germany, the US and China accounting for more than a third of global trade. DJS Research has a proven track record of working across these countries with many of the world’s most innovative engineering businesses and trade associations alike.
The Engineering industry’s market research requirements are manifold, and often stem from the constant need to innovate on the one hand while having to ensure the availability of highly skilled personnel to do so on the other. Our extensive experience in engineering market research puts DJS Research in an excellent position to get the answers to your most pressing questions.
Please get in touch with James Hinde, Research Director if you are interested in understanding how we can help you. Some examples of how we help include:
- How can we help you assess your customers’ views and enable you to improve your standing amongst them? DJS has completed a comprehensive telephone survey on behalf of a precision engineering company to understand the purchasing decision making and customer satisfaction levels of its global client base, whilst also benchmarking against competitive offerings
- How can we help you differentiate from your competitors? At DJS we can help you identify priority improvements, unmet needs, future trends and develop needs based segmentations to facilitate a tailored value proposition
- How can we help you exploit the opportunities for innovation, new markets and niche products? We are experienced in qualitative research techniques to examine the pain points and trends in a market that will help drive future innovation
- How can we help you engage with potential stakeholders and increase membership in your association? We have completed an extensive research project with UK engineering businesses on behalf of the Engineering Council and EngineeringUK to understand more about the registration rates amongst engineers and assess what can be done to encourage them to register in the future.
We have experience of a wide array of research projects relating to engineering including:
DJS Research is a mid-sized family owned full service research agency with comprehensive research resources including an international telephone interviewing unit. Research in the Engineering industry is led by James Hinde, Research Director who has more than 15 years’ experience in this sector. Our services include:
- Desk research
- Quantitative interviewing (e.g. online surveys or telephone interviewing)
- Qualitative interviewing (e.g. depth interviews and group discussions)
- Competitor interviews
- Consultancy and advice
Please feel free to have a look at our engineering sector insights and research findings which can be found here: Engineering Research Findings or for automatic updates follow our Engineering Twitter account: @DJS_Engineering